Best App to Trim a Video for FREE in 2023
You got the shot. The lighting and actors were on point — until something happened. Reshooting a video is a significant setback for a shoot, especially when some things are easily fixed. This is why you need the "Trim a video" feature in PowerDirector, the best and easiest app for video editing.
Be creative and create visually stunning videos. PowerDirector is one of the few apps with professional-looking results at zero cost. Find how to edit and trim a video for the best outcome.
- How To Easily Trim a Video With PowerDirector
- Download PowerDirector: The Best Free Video Trimmer
- FAQs About Trimming a Video With Your Phone
- Get the Best Free App to Shorten a Video in Seconds
How to Easily Trim a Video With PowerDirector
Having the perfect video can be challenging. Unanticipated things can happen, and reshooting it might not result in how it was shot the first time. Thanks to the PowerDirector easy-to-use cut clip tool, you can now easily trim any video to get that perfect shot every time.
Whether creating a YouTube intro video or a short film, PowerDirector is the best free option for you. Ready to start editing? Here is how to easily trim a video with PowerDirector.
- Download the Best App To Trim a Video
- Select the Video You Want To Trim
- Tap the Video Clip to Trim or Split
- Produce and Share the Cut Clip
1. Download the Best App To Trim a Video
AI features and top-notch standards have both never been more accessible. PowerDirector is the choice for over 185 Million users who continually choose this app over others. Find it easily on your app store and explore the extensive features the app has to offer.
Read More Related Articles:
- 13 Best Free Video Editing Apps in 2023 on iPhone & Android
- Create Cool Videos on Your Android Phone With These Free Apps
- How to Edit Videos on Your Phone [iPhone & Android] Step-by-Step Guide
2. Select the Video That You Want to Trim
The app will be ready for you to use in a few seconds. Bring your idea to life with the tools in PowerDirector. From trimming to 4k resolution, this app will allow you to explore the video editing world in the palm of your hands.
Here is how to start the editing process:
- Select the "New Project" box
- Name your project; maybe come up with a creative name or use the app-generated default name
- Select the project aspect ratio
- After doing this, allow the app to access your gallery
- Select the video, click on it, and choose the "+" icon
- Use as many videos as you want and align them in order here or arrange them later on the bar
3. Tap the Video Clip To Trim a Video or Split
There are mainly two ways to shorten a video: trim or split. Below you will find the main difference between them and when to use them.
- Trim editing: Perfect for those small mistakes and easily fixed cuts. You can quickly scroll the trimmer tool, change the video's start, and add the remaining portions afterward. This one is the best option if you know what part you will trim.
- Split editing: The split option will be best for you if you want to add an effect or cut a scene at a specific time. Select the "Split" icon on the menu bar and tap it where you would like the split to be.
4. Produce and Share the Cut Clip
PowerDirector is an all-in-one app with countless options for you to edit your videos. If you are done splitting or trimming, discover all the app's fantastic tools.
With the help of audio mixing, you can now change the sound of any video and add audio on top to have even better quality. You can add sound effects to your videos without undergoing all the production behind it.
Now, save and export your final video. Whether it is a school project or a sci-fi movie, PowerDirector will help you attain the best quality.
Read More Related Articles:
Download PowerDirector: The Best Free Video Trimmer
With a large selection of powerful editing tools that are updated monthly and an intuitive app interface, you'll find yourself creating slow-motion videos, editing voice narration, and even putting videos in a collage in no time.
Easily trim your videos with the best free video trimmer app. Not only this, but you can edit your videos with a 4K resolution, produce eye-catching intros for your vlogs and apply jaw-dropping effects and transitions with a drag-and-drop tool. Download PowerDirector today and change how you edit videos forever.
Read More About Video Editing Skills:
- How to Slow Down a Video on iPhone & Android 
- How to Collage Videos on iPhone & Android 
- 6 Best Free Voice Changer Apps for iPhone & Android
FAQs About Trimming a Video With Your Phone
1. What Are the Best Apps To Shorten Videos?
Many apps claim to help shorten videos. These are our top three apps to trim videos in a second:
Add music, transition effects, text, emojis, and blurred backgrounds, and create trimmed videos on iPhone and Android with InShot. The all-in-one app handles both your video and image editing needs.
2. Why Use PowerDirector to Cut Clips?
This easy-to-use app is perfect for anyone who wants to edit videos without spending thousands of hours learning how to do it. With an impeccable user interface, this app will allow anyone to export high quality images in a matter of seconds. Some of the best features from PowerDirector include:
- Easy-to-use interface
- Beginner friendly
- Advanced tools
- Cool transitions
- Freeze frames
- Animated stickers